Sanders will attend next debate despite pause after heart procedure, campaign says

32
0
Share:

Sen. Bernie Sanders is off the campaign trail as the Democratic presidential candidate recovers from a procedure to clear a clogged artery – but the independent senator from Vermont’s campaign confirmed to Fox News on Thursday that Sanders will take the stage at the upcoming Oct. 15 presidential primary date.

The 78-year-old Sanders’ appearance at the fourth round debate was in question after top aides announced on Wednesday that the White House contender underwent a heart procedure a day earlier after experiencing chest discomfort a day earlier during a campaign event.

12 TO FACE OFF: STAGE SET FOR RECORD-SETTING DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY DEBATE

The campaign said on Wednesday that Sanders would stay off the campaign trail “until further notice.”

And Sanders officials confirmed to Fox News that they’ve postponed a $1.3 million TV ad buy in Iowa that was supposed to hit airwaves in the first caucus state starting on Thursday. The campaign announced the ad buy earlier in the week.

But a senior campaign official told Fox News that overall, “campaign operations are continuing as usual” while the senator is sidelined.

Twelve candidates have qualified for the Oct. 15 debate, which will be held at Otterbein University, a liberal arts institution in Westerville, Ohio. The Democratic National Committee’s media partners for the showdown are CNN and The New York Times.

Source: Fox News

Subscribe to Equity Extra

Recieve the Latest Updates on Breakout Stocks

Subscribe to Equity News Report’s ‘Equity Extra’ Alerts list to be the first to learn about Premium Nasdaq Stocks before they Breakout

Share:

Leave a reply